Homemade breakfast granola.
The perfect breakfast or afternoon treat. I enjoy this served with natural yoghurt and fresh fruit such as blueberries or raspberries.
To get started you’ll need;
- 2 dessert apples, cored and finely sliced
- 2 pears, cored and finely sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1tsp sugar
- 3tsp cinnamon
- 400g GF oats
- drizzle of honey
- 3tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g blanced almonds
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 200g dried mango, roughly chopped
- 100g dried cranberries
- Fresh fruit
- Natural yoghurt or milk
Now to bake!
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C.
- Toss the apples and pears in the lemon juice and spread evenly over a baking sheet. Make sure that none of the fruit is overlapping. Sprinkle with the sugar and 1tsp of the cinnamon and put in the oven. Leave for 1-1/2 hours, turning halfway through.
- Once the apple and pears are removed, increase the oven to 180°C.
- Place the oats and remaining cinnamon in a bowl. Mix the honey with the oil and then pour over the oats. Make sure all the oats are coated.
- Tip on to a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Add in the almonds and walnuts and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the dried fruit, then leave to cool.
Serve topped with the apple and pear crips, fresh fruit and either natural yoghurt or milk.